Opening Asia for Russia

Pacquiao announces plans to rematch with Horn in the Philippines

04.09.2017 53 просмотров

Former eight-weight world champion Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao is set to rematch Australian Jeff Horn in the Philippines. The athlete's words are quoted by the Boxing247 portal.


It was previously reported that the fight between the 38-year-old Filipino and the 29-year-old Australian was to take place on November 12 of this year in Brisbane, but later, Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum announced the postponement of the fight to 2018 year.

"We will do our best to make this fight happen in Philippines, — Pacquiao said.   There will be      there will be no our  This will have a positive impact on the tourism industry of our country. The President supports this idea.

In addition, the Filipino boxer announced his intention to hold his last fight in his career also in the Philippines. At the same time, he did not say whether his duel with Horn would be a farewell fight, and also the date of its holding. "I want my farewell fight to Philippines", — said Pacquiao.

The fight between Pacquiao and Horn for the title of world champion according to the version of the World Boxing Organization (WBO) in the weight category up to 66.68 kg, owned by the Filipino, took place in Australia July 2 and  ended with the victory of the owner of the ring on points. Later, Pacquiao, who immediately agreed with the decision of the judges immediately after the fight, called on the WBO to review the result of the fight, however, independent arbitrators confirmed Horn's victory.

Pacquiao has 59 wins (38 knockouts), seven losses and  ;two draws. Horn has 17 wins (11 by knockout), one loss and one draw.


Новости партнёров

Подпишитесь на рассылки Большой Азии

Подпишитесь и не пропускайте эксклюзивные новости

x