The Russian film industry will take part in the SCO Film Festival in India
From January 27 to 31, Mumbai will host The Shanghai Cooperation Organization Film Festival, organized by the SCO Council of Heads of State in partnership with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of India and the National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC).
The festival will be the first international event in 2023, where Russian cinema is widely represented.
ROSKINO, with the support of the Ministry of Culture of Russia, took part in the formation of a program of films from Russia. Seven films were announced in different sections of the screening:
– "Accomplices" (dir. Evgeny Grigoriev, 2021) – competition program;
– "Don't bury me without Ivan" (directed by Lyubov Borisova, 2022) – competition program;
– "The Heart of Parma" (dir. Anton Megerdichev, 2022) – SCO Country Focus section / "Focus on the SCO countries";
– "Mr. Knockout" (directed by Artem Mikhalkov, 2022) – SCO Country Focus section / "Focus on the SCO countries";
– "Ivan Denisovich" (directed by Gleb Panfilov, 2021) – Director Focus section / "Focus on the director";
– "Chink: The Tailed Detective" (directed by Grigory Vozhakin, 2022) – Children Focus section / "Focus on the children's audience";
– "My Friend the Tiger" (dir. Tatiana Kiseleva, 2021) – short film section.
In addition, within the framework of the ROSKINO festival, with the support of the Ministry of Culture of Russia, a Russian pavilion will be organized, where shooting locations in Russia will be presented to international partners, as well as opportunities for joint film production.
The program of the film festival also includes films from India, China, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Egypt, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus in different sections. In total, more than 55 paintings will be shown during the festival. The chairman of the jury of the film festival is Indian director Rahul Rawail. Russia is represented by Ivan Kudryavtsev, a film journalist, TV presenter, chairman of the MIFF selection committee, as part of the international jury.
In November 2022, in Mumbai, ROSKINO organized the days of Russian cinema Russian Film Festival. Almost 1,300 people attended the free three-day screenings. Indian viewers were presented with popular Russian films – comedies "The Slave" and "The Young Man", the family film "Palm Tree", the ballet drama "The Big One" and the full-length cartoon "Fixies against Crabots".
SOBR made a 50-kilometer forced march
Economy and business
Fair "Golden Pomegranate" reopened in Moscow
Culture and recreation
Bright spring came with "Pristine Russia"