Opening Asia for Russia

There are more forests in 14 regions of Russia

25.09.2021 198 просмотров

The level of forest cover has increased in the Trans-Baikal, Khabarovsk and Altai Territories, the Republic of Chuvashia, Smolensk, Yaroslavl, Vladimir, Leningrad, Pskov, Bryansk, Tver, Murmansk, Kurgan and Lipetsk regions. & nbsp;


In these subjects, the increase in the area covered with forests ranged from 500 hectares to 57.9 thousand hectares, including through works on artificial and promotion of natural reforestation. A total of 5.5 million seedlings and saplings of forest trees were planted in these territories in 2020. Approximately 20% of the increase is due to human activities to reforest, and the remaining 80% is due to natural processes.


Now more than 46.4% of the territory of Russia is covered with green spaces. Forest cover is the ratio of the area covered by forest to the area of the territory - in this case, the region.


The Irkutsk region is one of the most forested in the country. More than 82% of the territory is covered with trees. Mostly coniferous species grow here - larch and pine. The average age of the Irkutsk forest is 103 years. About 30.5 million cubic meters of wood are harvested here annually. The region is actively engaged in the renewal of forests. This year alone, trees were planted on an area of 7.6 thousand hectares. By the end of the season, this figure will increase to 13,000 hectares. So far, this kind of area cannot be called a full-fledged forest. This will require several years of careful maintenance. When forest plantations reach "mature" age, when they meet certain criteria in terms of height, in terms of number per hectare, they are evaluated and transferred to a forested area.


In Primorsky Krai, the "green frame" occupies 77% of the region's territory. The main tree species growing in the region are spruce, cedar, larch, oak and birch. They occupy about 76% of the area covered by forests.


Kostroma region, Komi, Perm region and Sverdlovsk region are next.


Traditionally, the smallest forest grows in Kalmykia, Moscow, Stavropol, Astrakhan and the Rostov region.


Forest cover is influenced by a number of data of forest management events: areas of reforestation, afforestation, young stands suitable for transfer to forested lands, as well as areas of felling, forest fires, outbreaks pests and forest diseases.


Forest resources, the heritage and pride of our country, require careful treatment, conservation and restoration. Trees take in CO2 from the air as they grow and store it inside as carbon. The more carbon in the trees, the less CO2 in the air. In order to plant, grow, harvest and leave a legacy for future generations, the strategy of the forest complex until 2030, among other things, provides for an increase in forest cover in Russia by 3%.


To increase forest cover to the indicated level, it is necessary to increase the area covered with forest by about 52 million hectares, which is comparable to the area of such a region as Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug.


The increase in forests occurs not only due to planting, but also due to the transfer of land for various purposes to the forest fund. Most often, the forest increases due to the transfer of fields overgrown with trees.


Help:


< /i>

Roslesinforg is the leading state forest accounting organization of the Russian Federation. The department solves the problems of forestry throughout the country: state inventory of forests, forest management, reforestation, forest planning and design, as well as cadastral registration of forest fund lands.

 

Новости партнёров