Opening Asia for Russia

WHO goes to China

08.01.2021 73 просмотров

The World Health Organization (WHO) expects to receive information from the Chinese authorities in the coming days about the possible dates for an international group of experts to travel to China to investigate the origin of the new coronavirus. 


Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said this at a briefing in Geneva on Friday.

“We are in contact with Chinese officials and they have agreed to share data on specific travel dates, he said. “We look forward to fixing travel dates next week.”

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday that the Chinese authorities had not yet issued permission for the arrival of an international scientific team. . The head of WHO explained that this issue had previously been discussed with representatives of China. According to him, the absence of a travel permit became known when two of the team's experts had already left for the PRC, and the rest of the mission members were ready to leave. The head of WHO stressed that he was "very disappointed with this news." He received assurances that China was "carrying out internal procedures with a view to deploying as soon as possible" a group of specialists.

Previously, WHO has repeatedly stated that the search for the source of the first coronavirus infection should begin with the city of Wuhan. In the summer, two experts visited China to prepare the main mission. The trip resulted in the development of a document “on the research and program of activities of an international group led by WHO” by WHO and China specialists.

An outbreak of the disease caused by the coronavirus was recorded at the end of 2019 in Central China, after which it spread to most countries. WHO on March 11, 2020 recognized it as a pandemic.

Новости партнёров